Normally I don’t make resolutions because I believe that if you’re going to improve yourself you should start in the moment you decide to do that. This year is an exception for me because I really needed to kick myself into doing more things that I want and should be doing.
- Draw moar.
- Write more. Already know this isn’t going to happen.
- Do better at school. Work harder at work
- Send more letters this year
- Learn CSS / more web design stuff I assume this won’t happen either.
- Take classes during the summer
- Get more upper body strength and tone out the rest of me.
- Go skating more (and do more winter activities)
- Be more positive
- Take more photographs
- Go to more free lectures
This whole webcomic business is supposed to help me with that first bullet. And while I do also write everything in Sleep Pending, it’s the drawing part that is hardest for me.
Anyway, in my effort to draw moar, I tried to sketch Coraline (not Gaiman’s ) at a lecture I was at tonight. Coraline is another minor character from the Sleep Pending comic. Zoe, her best friend calls her Cici. There is a reason for this, but it’s more of a little buddy thing than really relevant to any plot (mostly).
This sketch isn’t very fabulous or anything, but it isn’t that bad either. I’m tempted to continuing the image (read: overkill) just because I haven’t had a drawing laying around in a long time.
Gosh, I miss drawing for drawings sake.